While activating the Norton Security Software, If you are getting an Error message that says “Norton Error 500” then it might be because of some issues with your device configuration. You are required to troubleshoot this issue quickly as it can affect the performance of your device.
How to Resolve Norton Error 500?
If you are getting this error because of Norton Activate then you can run the Norton Liveupdate to fix this error quickly. you can follow the steps given below to run LiveUpdate.
- Open the Norton tool and then click on the Run LiveUpdate option.
- Now click on the Norton icon and then wait until it’s finished.
- Now click on Ok and check if you have the latest release of the software.
- Ensure to keep running the Norton LiveUpdate until you have the latest version of the Norton Software.
- After that close all the windows.
Troubleshoot Norton Error 500 on Mac
The troubleshooting process for Mac and Windows can be slightly different. if you have a Mac Device and you have encountered Norton Error 500 then you need to follow the procedure mentioned below. Follow this process in the given order to get quick results.
Step: 1 Remove Norton From your Device
- Go to your desktop screen and open the Norton application.
- From the menubar, Choose the Norton Product and then click on Uninstall Norton.
- After that, the Norton Product confirmation window will be open on the screen. Click on “Uninstall”.
- Now enter your Norton Account login credentials when prompted and then click on Install Helper.
- Now from the uninstaller window, choose the Uninstall option.
Step: 2 Remove Unused Norton Device
- Go to my.norton.com and login to your account.
- Now choose the devices option to open the list of all the devices.
- Now choose the device you want to remove from the list and then click on delete device.
- Now from the confirmation window, click on Remove and then Ok to complete the process.
- close the window.
Step: 3 Install Norton Security
- Open your browser and go to Norton.com/setup.
- Now login into your Norton Account if you have one. If you don’t then click on the Create an account option and then fill in all the details to complete the sign-up process.
- Now go to the download page of Norton Security and then click on the “Download Norton” button.
- Now the download confirmation window will be open on the screen. Click on Agree and then click on Ok to start the downloading process.
- Once the download completes successfully, go to the folder where the file is stored and then double-click on the Norton Installer file.
- Now choose the “Agree” option to confirm and then click on Install to run the installer file.
- Once the software is installed completely on your device, click on the restart option from the opened window.
- After that, close all the window and performs restart of your device.
Troubleshoot Norton Error 500 On Windows 10
Step:1 Try Restarting Computer
- Shutdown all the running processes on your device.
- Now go to the start menu and restart your computer.
Step: 2 Set Default Browser
- Go to the start menu and then choose the settings option.
- Now open the option of the system and then open default apps.
- Now choose the browser you want to set as default and then click on Ok.
- Now try activating your Norton device to check if the error has been resolved or not.
If you are still getting Norton Error 500 while activating the norton product then you can contact the customer assistance team at Norton. they will help you to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.
Troubleshoot Norton Error On Windows Earlier Version
Step: 1 Restart Device and Set Default Browser
- Close all the files and folder and restart your device.
- Now go to settings and then open default apps.
- Choose the browser you want to set it as default and click on ok.
Step: 2 Set Default Programs
- Open the control panel window and click on the default option.
- Now open the Set your default program window and then choose the browser and click on “Set this program”.
- Now click on Ok and then close the window.
So once you are done troubleshooting the error, you can now install the latest release of the software on your device and then activate it. After the activation process, open the Norton Software and run a full system scan to remove viruses and malware from your computer. In case, you have missed any file or data during the process then you can recover the file from Norton Online backup. The Norton Online Backup drive keeps all the files in a secured destination. In case, you have any queries you can contact the assistance team to get help instantly.